- MINISTRIES AMONG THE POOR Rev. Greg Miller, Herb & Angel Bailey, Nancy O’Leary, Mary Edna Thompson, Rev. Bryan Bywater, Church Army USA. Cyndi Burns, new "tweeners" and women's Bible/discipleship groups, health, guidance, funds. Rev. Mike & Tina Wurschmidt, Rev. Jim & Mary Ellen Chester, Rev. Justin & Riki Helton, Rev. Jim & Elaine Morehead, Suzanne Perkins, Cheryl Pickering, Shepherd’s Heart Ministries to homeless, veteran’s home, Pittsburgh drop-in center. Rev. James & Mary Giles, Gateway to Hope, Ocala, FL, financial provision. Doug & JoEllyn Fountain, Medical Teams Int’l Operations VP for 100,000s of refugees worldwide, online Christian Journal for Global Health. Jim Oakes, Five Talents, international development empowering the poor through microcredit, business training, and spiritual development. Rev. Christina Hunter, Oaks of Righteousness, outreach to kids and adults in Troy, NY.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT MINISTRIES (ISM) Almost half of the million international students in the US come from China, India, and Saudi Arabia. Pray for fruit as new believers return home. Steve & Lia Dunne, favor with universities in Boise, team to grow. Leiton & Lisa Chinn, directing the Lausanne ISM Global Leadership Forum in September, Lisa speaking at ACNA Provincial Assembly in June. Rev. David Case, for God’s leading for the future, for IFI as they continue to minister on 29 campuses in 9 states, training IFI staff, helping churches reach internationals. Becky Mazariegos, PRISM, fruitful relational follow-up with the internationals studying God's Word, Muslims to know God’s love. Peter Lebhar, IVCF student-led team reaching international students in Tallahassee, FL. Marc Papai, IVCF ISM, outreach to international students, many from the Middle East. Rev. Norman & Beth Beale, chaplain at Veterans Administration home with an international staff, she teaches English to students from Syria, Jordan, China, etc. Dr. Mary McDonald, SAMS, Gospel Goats distribution and animal healthcare training.
- MISSIONARIES BACK FROM THE FIELD Brian & Mary Jane Dennison, open doors. Revs. Allen & Rachel Hill, SAMS, discernment for what is next, financial provision, sons James & John for courage in forming new friendships. M & C, mobilizing and training others for the Muslim world, ministry to international students and refugees, peace in North Africa. Richard & Martha Menees, SAMS, guidance. Rev. Chuck & Beth Bradshaw, SAMS, guidance for new ministry, financial provision.
EUROPE Many Muslims are attending church for the first time, being baptized, and breathing life into stagnant churches. Phil, GT, Europe Partner Facilitator, open doors for organi-zational partnerships, openness to the gospel among Muslims.
HOLLAND Pray that churches would boldly share Jesus with Europeans and immigrants, many refugees welcomed by Christians are now following Jesus. Drs. Phil & Linda Gottschalk, Tyndale Theological Seminary, mentoring leaders from 22 countries, for refugee ministry, funds, courses being taught, summer graduates.
SPAIN Elisa, AFM, for plans for the outreach center, sale of house in US, financial support, thankful for approved residency.
EASTERN EUROPE Bp. Jasmin Milić, REC Bishop of Croatia/Serbia, churches to grow and help bridge religious/ethnic divide, ministry to Syrian refugees. Steve, SAMS, for his computer to be fixed so that he can continue his Prayer Book translation work, increased financial support.
RUSSIA Restrictions on religious freedom are coming back. Rev. Mark Browne, Relational Bridges International, for fruit in continued ministry to youth and adults, financial provision.
S.E. ASIA Bp. Rennis Ponniah, Singapore. Bp. Kuan Kim Seng, Dio. of Singapore missions to Nepal, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand. Abp. Stephen Than, Myanmar, for peace, for justice for ethnic minorities suffering military attacks. K & S, GT, International Director, mentoring movement leaders in many countries, transition back to mission field, S as she becomes Int’l Partner Care Director this fall. M & D, GT, long- term visas to be granted, open doors with refugee community. J & J, GT, continued adjustment for their kids, opportunities to begin sports ministry, thanks for visas.
CAMBODIA Rev. Greg & Heidi Whitaker, SAMS, Church of Christ Our Peace, English congregation in Phnom Penh, Khmer pastors to be encouraged. Rev. Jesse Blaine, SAMS, joining Whitakers in Cambodia. Guy & Summer Benton, SAMS, for their family’s ministry in Cambodia, for the youth of Cambodia, for wisdom for church leaders in sharing the gospel.
JAPAN Rev. Ralph & Miho Clatworthy, OMF, for their church Chapel of the Adoration, Mr. Suzuki’s sports ministry, seeker Mrs. Koboyashi doing Bible studies with Miho, laborers to help with the Church Growth Research project. Seita & Emma Sakaguchi, for the empowering of the Holy Spirit, unity and love among the team, more gospel workers to be sent out in Toyosu.
INDONESIA Dana & Karen, for growing relationships, safety, wisdom, joy, training opportunities, fruit from US visit in June. Rev. Matt & Sora Colvin, SAMS/REC, learning the language, pastoring a new English-language congregation, ministry at the Anglican seminary, Sora’s midwife training. Rev. Bill & Diane Jerdan, REC Bd. of Foreign Missions, for numerous meetings and church visits.
- INDIA Pray for persecuted Christians in Northern India. Rev. S. D. & Sheila, Bihar Theological College, School of Evangelism, for the presidential election in July, pray against Hindu militant groups, courage for persecuted Christians, the Gospel to spread. Rev. Andrew & Esther, India Grad. School of Missiology, for scholarships, protection, graduates to have fruitful ministries. Rev. Dr. R., Indian Inst. of Missiology, training professors and church planters, for health. Barbara, GT, times of refreshment with family in the US, discernment about returning to India. I & F, GT, further opportunities to teach and train others in Bible storytelling among the unreached. G & V, GT, protection, increased opportunities to reach Hindus and Muslims in their community. W & L, GT, provision to begin leadership training project with MBB’s.
- CHINA M & S, GT, Asia Area Director, language learning, family adjustment, open doors to train others in mission. P & D, AFM, for travel mercies and good health as they visit the US, fruitful visit, that they would meet the couple that God would call to buy and eventually take over their BAM. Joh & ara, AFM, for language skills, health, protection, hankfu o iracl riends, rainin n inancia ulfillmen nl our months. G & A, that their path would be clear, guidance from God whether to move within country or back to US, comfort for their boys.
SOUTH ASIA J & K, GT, ongoing distribution of recently completed translation, progress with a new translation team. Boe Renslow, pray for his ministry in the Himalayas with YWAM. W, GT, beginning further studies in Europe for future translation work, provision for his family while he is away.
NEPAL Anglican churches are growing rapidly. State persecution is rising. Rev. Lewis Lew, Dean of Nepal. Bp. George, GT, continued healing and health, teaching ministry, ongoing assistance to earthquake victims. Peter & Silvia, GT, for protection and provision, blessing on their new marriage, team unity. John & Vi, GT, discernment for next communities to reach, the water ministry to continue to open doors for the gospel.
- MIDEAST Amid suffering, give thanks for many baptisms and new Bible studies as many search for the Prince of Peace. Fran, for wisdom, hope, and protection for church leaders, for believers’ fellowship to increase, for the women’s midweek life group to reach seekers, praise for unexpected favor among neighbors. Linda, CMJ administrator. Sonja, open doors to share Messiah Jesus, for the pain in her right foot to be removed and for healing. C & Z, AFM, ministering to refugees traumatized by ISIS, for improved communication and team unity, continued chances to share the gospel, thanks for safe and smooth travels. D & P, AFM, training Zaza Kurd leaders, for strong ministry partnerships with S and A. Rev. Drew Schmotzer, chaplain at St. Martin’s international congregation in United Arab Emirates.
- MIDEAST Millions need protection, provision, comfort, and hope. Bin Said & Nadia, she has kept the Christian bookstore open, he is in exile working for reconciliation between ethnic/religious groups, in 2017 they will be in Washington lobbying for the needs of Christians in the Mideast, for family to be reunited, protection, favor, funds. J & S, for Yazidis and Muslims coming to Jesus through dreams/healing to be discipled, relief to reach refugees, God’s intervention so the last Christians are not forced out. C & R, AFM, humanitarian projects for millions in a high-risk environment, wisdom and safety of local staff, favor with officials, peace of God to flow out of the region, grateful for their first baby born in March.
- CHILE Bp. Tito Zavala, for guidance, strength, speaking at ACNA Assembly. Rev. Russ & Heidi Smith, SAMS, for focus on Christ’s mission, Rural Bible Institute students, churches in Traiguen, Pichi Pellahuen, and Galvarino, Equipping Servants International in Temuco, their children Joel, Joshua, Joy, and Jocelyn.
- BRAZIL Bp. Miguel Uchoa, Recife, for the consecration of two new suffragan bishops, speaking at and leading the delegation to ACNA Provincial Assembly in June, the formation of an orthodox province in Brazil, the church plant initiative to thrive. Rev. Ron & Debby McKeon, SAMS, for their youngest granddaughter Alyssa having eye surgery, Alyssa’s parents to have peace and strength, more financial support.
- JAMAICA John & Michelle Chase, plans and facilities to start a preschool, blessings on a summer mission trip.
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC Cathy Donahoe, SAMS, teaching physical therapy, for provision for home repairs to protect against rain and improve peoples’ living conditions, grateful for motivated physical therapy students.
- GRENADA Gwen Burbank, instructional technology specialist at St. George’s University.
- CUBA Bp. William Suarez, Diocese of the Reformed Episcopal Church, for the 42 churches and church plants to grow.
- COSTA RICA Rev. Orlando & Ligia Otarola, GT, Latin America Area Director, for resources to equip and send more field partners overseas.
- HONDURAS 60% are poor. Bp. Lloyd Allen, following up the clergy conference on empowerment. Rev. Suzy McCall, LAMB’s human trafficking prevention, healing for girls in the safehouse. Betsy Hake, Jericho Ministries children’s homes, Pearl and Jackie to be able to join the Jericho family, provision, university students to start a Christian group, their children and women to grow spiritually. Mike & Kim Miller, SAMS, Hope of Jesus Children’s Home and Hope Farm, coffee profits to fund ministry needs, wisdom and patience for all as kids navigate adolescence, William (age 10) who began bilingual school this year.
- PERU Dorcas Day, SIL, in Lima facilitating Bible translations, for provision, encouragement. Cinde Rawn, for new projects to thrive and bless others, grateful for Threads of Hope breaking the cycle of poverty for 400 families. Very Rev. John & Susan Park, SAMS, ministry to clergy, short-term teams to Peru.
- MEXICO Carol Zylstra, WBT, final preparations for publi-cation of the Mixtec New Testament, for the Mexican missionary family starting work among the Mixtecs this summer. Rev. Manny Chavarria, men’s ministry in Mexico City.
- BELIZE Bp. Philip Wright, for churches to grow, more vocations to ministry. Rev. David & Mary Beth Alenskis, SAMS, for health, blessings on pastoral ministry, thankful for the ten new lay ministers who were licensed for their churches.
- ECUADOR Roberto & Cameron Vivanco, SAMS, for home ministry assignment in July and August in South Carolina, their kids to travel well, increased ministry support, and rejuvenation.
MADAGASCAR Diocese of Toliara is experiencing 1.5 million people without enough food. Bp. Todd & Rev. Patsy McGregor, SAMS, for student evangelists during one-year church planting internship, refreshment as they go on pilgrimage this summer. Horace & Anne Tipton, Planting Faith agricultural projects in South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Madagascar.
MALAWI Francis M, GT, Malawi Country Director, protection working among Muslims, stamina for leading 100+ field partners. Luke & Jamie Ulrich, GT, speedy assimilation back in the field following birth of their third child, language learning, open doors.
MAURITIUS Rev. Bryan & Shakila Pyle, SAMS, growth of St. Simon the Fisherman Anglican Church, open doors for the gospel among ex-pats and locals, Cub scouts and Bible study for unchurched kids.
- RWANDA Martha Vetter, for wisdom, guidance, thankful for good health. Jane Bond, directing Amahoro Children’s School in Musanze, at capacity with 66, for funds to expand, sponsors, provision of food, clothes, health care.
- TANZANIA Bp. Elias Chakupewa, Tabora, village church planting, Bible school grads to bless parishes, funds to train catechists for 6 months in 2017, retired clergy to be provided for. Mike & Claire Fedele, SHADE Tanzania’s work with vulnerable peoples, protection for albinos, for strength and wisdom.
- SOUTHERN AFRICA Rev. Johann & Louise van der Bijl, SAMS, for abundant rain in catchment areas, an outpouring of the Holy Spirit, an opening to train the team in Mozambique, to be settled in their new office and home.
- KENYA 2.7 million face starvation due to drought. Guy & Susan, SIM, for Rehema’s passport/adoption and health, for Chief Abdi Bible storying, protection. Bp. Qampicha, Bishop of Marsabit, for rain, hope, Tumaini Academy with 400 students. Getch & Betty, mobilizing believers, training pastors to evangelize, vulnerable people to escape inducements to become Muslim. Elizabeth, GT, Turkana Mission Team leader, continued healing for her, ongoing discipleship for new believers in rural areas. Rev. John Nganga, for sponsors for Rafiki Children’s Center, for funds for a new bus and other planned expansions. Bob & Joyce Carlson, WBT, Africa Int’l U. Grad. School Dean & Language/Linguistics/Communication Dept. Head, rest, research, travel, funds, protection. Bryson & Deborah, GT, Africa Area Director, protection in travels, continue to raise up resources within Africa.
- UGANDA Rev. Dr. John Senyonyi, Uganda Christian University Vice Chancellor. Rev. Jessica Hughes, SAMS, UCU chaplain, for her research, good sleep, continued healing for her godson Nick, financial provision. Mary Chowenhill, SAMS, teaching economics and business at UCU, for cell groups to be formed on campus, financial provision for South Sudanese students, for her to know how to minister to children in Sunday school, thankful for the blessing of her home and garden on campus. Mark & Abby Bartels, UCU Partners, raising scholarships in USA. Rev. Sandra Earixson, Principal of Abp. Janani Luwum Theol. College in Gulu, discipling believers, for financial provision. Rev. Elizabeth Bumpas, teacher and Bursar at Abp. Janani Luwum Theological College in Gulu.
- UGANDA Abp. Stanley Ntagali. Rev. Cn. Dr. Alison Barfoot, Archbishop’s assistant for international relations, equipping evangelists to reach unreached people groups in East Africa. Janine LeGrand, SAMS, Masindi diocese health promoter, training teams to serve AIDS and malaria patients, her weekly health tips read by 50,000, for health, funds. Mustard Seed Babies Home, Hoima, for more sponsors, funds to feed 100 street kids. Dr. Katie Rhoads, GT, Gulu med school, teaching surgery.