SOUTH ASIA J & K, GT, for progress with new translation team, opportunities for mentorship. Boe Renslow, for his ministry in the Himalayas with YWAM. W, GT, encouragement in his studies for future translation work, partners to join in the ministry.
NEPAL Provincial/parliamentary elections in process for the first time in 20 years. State persecution is rising. Rev. Lewis Lew, Dean of Nepal. Bp. George, GT, for continued healing and health, teaching ministry. Rev. Peter & Silvia, GT, for provision for their work, team unity, opportunities to reach out to their neighbors. John & Vi, GT, for their training of a short-term team from their church, that the team would be equipped and fruitful in ministry, for a peaceful transition of power after elections, thanks for God intervening and putting her on the road to recovery.
- MIDEAST Amid suffering, give thanks for many baptisms and new Bible studies. Fran, for Pastor Andrew Brunson’s release from prison, Christians in the Mideast to be spiritually wise and urgent. Linda, CMJ administrator. Sonja, for safety in travels to the Netherlands and the US. C & Z, AFM, ministering to refugees traumatized after war, for full funding for the New Story Project in 2018, him to have a smooth transition into his regional security role, that they both grow closer to God and boldly share the Gospel, thanks for their kids. D & P, AFM, training Zaza Kurd leaders, for fears to be removed, continued boldness for Ezra and Buket, thanks for God softening hearts to the Gospel in Turkey.
- MIDEAST Millions need protection, provision, comfort, and hope. Bin Said & Nadia, for protection, wisdom, and guidance. C & R, AFM, for wisdom and grace for their relief work, increased opportunities to share the gospel. Rev. Drew Schmotzer, chaplain at St. Martin’s international congregation in United Arab Emirates. Dr. Paul, Director of an Arabic language school, for collaboration and good relations with teachers and staff, safety for students spiritually and physically, thanks for God providing a house to sublet. Anne Schaffer, SAMS, serving with Evangelism Explosion, for safety, health, and grace during these months of heavy travel, thanks for God’s provision.
CHILE Bp. Tito Zavala, for grace and wisdom. Rev. Russ & Heidi Smith, SAMS, for the completion of their home ministry assignment in the US, safe return to Chile (mid-March), thanks for new contacts and wonderful visits with churches and individuals.
BRAZIL Bp. Miguel Uchoa, Recife, for wisdom, the Brazilian church as they progress towards being a GAFCON Province. Rev. Ron & Debby McKeon, SAMS, for blessing on their ministry, increased financial support.
JAMAICA John & Michelle Chase, for child sponsors, comfort after the death of Pastor Tony.
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC Cathy Donahoe, SAMS, teaching physical therapy, for guidance and wisdom teaching students, thanks for God’s provision for helping families living in tenuous conditions.
GRENADA Gwen Burbank, instructional technology specialist at St. George’s University.
CUBA Bp. William Suarez, Diocese of the Reformed Episcopal Church, for the 42 churches and church plants to grow.
COSTA RICA Rev. Orlando & Ligia Otarola, GT, Latin America Area Director, for healing for him after injury, relaunch of Honduras base with new leadership, praise for coffee harvest.
HONDURAS 60% are poor. Bp. Lloyd Allen, wisdom and grace. Rev. Suzy McCall, LAMB’s human trafficking prevention, healing for girls in the safe house. Betsy Hake, Jericho Ministries children’s homes, for healing for Anita the daughter of one of their teachers, to find a used van to buy, provision of staff salaries, protection for street outreaches. Mike & Kim Miller, SAMS, Hope of Jesus Children’s Home and Hope Farm, wisdom and peace, increased financial support.
PERU Dorcas Day, SIL, in Lima facilitating Bible translations. Cinde Rawn, for Threads of Hope breaking the cycle of poverty for 400 families.
MEXICO Carol Zylstra, WBT, for the Mixtec New Testament to move smoothly through typesetting and printing, receptive Mixtec hearts to receive it. Rev. Manny Chavarria, men’s ministry in Mexico City. Meredith Omland, GT, raise up a great harvest of souls and equip new ministry leaders in Fresnillo, new partners for academic scholarships. William & Victoria Cain, GT, for language study, acculturation, and new friendships.
BELIZE Bp. Philip Wright, for churches to grow, more vocations to ministry. Rev. David & Mary Beth Alenskis, SAMS, for ministry in schools, sustained health and finances.
ECUADOR Roberto & Cameron Vivanco, SAMS, for health, vision teams that are coming to support the ministry.
MADAGASCAR Bp. Todd & Rev. Patsy McGregor, SAMS, for the new Assistant Bp. of the Diocese of Toliara Rev. Canon Samitiana and his wife Holy, for leadership development and training for student evangelists, financial support for the Endowment Fund.
MALAWI Francis M, GT, Malawi Country Director, thanks for new partnerships and provision for a ministry van and expanding a goat project. Luke & Jamie Ulrich, GT, for new ministry opportunities with children, expansion of micro business start ups.
RWANDA Martha Vetter, for financial provision, thanks for Issa’s successful leg surgery. Jane Bond, for direction, that God would lead her to a place of ministry in Rwanda.
TANZANIA Bp. Elias & Lucy Chakupewa, Tabora, for St. Peter’s Secondary School to have more students, encouragement for students, for a strong response to their request for assistance of missionary doctors, nurses, and teachers, spiritual awakening, blessing during pastoral visits. Mike & Claire Fedele, SHADE Tanzania’s work with vulnerable peoples, protection for albinos, wisdom.
SOUTHERN AFRICA For rains to alleviate desperate water shortages. Rev. Johann & Louise van der Bijl, SAMS, that students will become effective leaders in their dioceses, travel to the US and time with family and supporters, increased financial support so that they do not have to leave the field.
- KENYA 2.7 million face starvation due to drought. Guy & Susan, SIM, for peace, wisdom. Bp. Qampicha, Bishop of Marsabit, for wisdom, hope, Tumaini Academy with 400 students. Getch & Betty, for ongoing ministry, grace, increased financial support. Elizabeth, GT, Turkana Mission Team leader, for funds for ministry visits and to offer partner care retreats across Africa in 2018. Rev. John Nganga, for sponsors for Rafiki Children’s Center, financial provision, blessings on the 40 staff members, thanks for continued healing from prostate cancer. Bob & Joyce Carlson, WBT, Africa International University Graduate School Dean & Language/Linguistics/Communication Dept. Head. Bryson & Deborah, GT, Africa Area Director, resources to finish translation of training materials into two new languages, training in several countries in 2018, provision for student fees and teacher salaries in schools reaching Muslim children with the love of Jesus.
- UGANDA Rev. Dr. John Senyonyi, Uganda Christian University (UCU) Vice Chancellor. Rev. Jessica Hughes, SAMS, UCU chaplain, for her research and finding time to work on it, continued healing for her godson Nick, financial provision. Mary Chowenhill, SAMS, teaching economics and business at UCU, fstudents as they develop business plans, youth business conference held in Masindi (May), children in refugee camps to complete their education successfully, thanks for God’s provision of supplies to help the orphans in the Kirandongo camp. Mark & Abby Bartels, UCU Partners, raising scholarships in USA. Rev. Sandra Earixson, Principal of Abp. Janani Luwum Theol. College in Gulu, discipling believers, for financial provision.
- UGANDA Abp. Stanley Ntagali. Rev. Cn. Dr. Alison Barfoot, Archbishop’s Assistant for International Relations, equipping evangelists to reach unreached people groups in East Africa. Janine LeGrand, SAMS, Masindi diocese health promoter, training teams to serve AIDS and malaria patients, her weekly health tips read by 50,000. Mustard Seed Babies Home, Hoima, for more sponsors, funds to feed 100 street kids. Dr. Katie Rhoads, GT, for work in South Sudan with refugees, open doors to share the gospel, opportunities to connect with others.
NIGERIA Boko Haram is intensifying threats to churches and Christians. Abp. Nicholas Okoh. Abp. Edmund Akanya, for protection, wisdom, faith to grow. Bp. Nathan Inyom, AFM-Nigeria, for wisdom and grace. Abp. Ben & Gloria Kwashi, for many to come to Christ, parenting 40 kids, thanks for continued peace in Jos. Rev. Paul Dajur, Principal and Chaplain at St. Luke’s College, lecturer at The Christian Institute in Jos.
CAMEROON Mark & Bonnie Lambert, WBT, admin for Bible translators, protection for villages in the Far North Region from Boko Haram attacks, peace for the nation. Ken & Judy Hollingsworth, WBT, for him as he helps the B language in checking their Acts translation, her as she helps the Mofu by checking their Old Testament translation.
FRANCOPHONE AFRICA Debbie Hatfield, WBT, strategies for Bible translation, for financial provision. Tillie, AFM, for Sam and Katie and their two young children joining the ministry and that they would not be discouraged, her quick home assignment and return to the field (May).
NIGER is less than 1% Christian. Steve & Nancy Brown, SIM Regional Director, for a long-term surgeon for the Fistula hospital, the financial needs of their patients, emotional strength, thankful for God’s faithfulness.
MALI Pray for peace. Brad & Sue, WBT, training Bible translators from different languages, for the Gospel to spread.
THE GAMBIA Bernard & Rawn Ugwuoke, for their year of training & healing at the Lake Hart Stint Internship in Orlando, FL.
SUDAN Ongoing war in the Nuba Mountains, South Kordofan state is experiencing insecurity and starvation. Bp. Andudu Elnail, for hope and peace.
SOUTH SUDAN Abp. Elect Justin Badi Arama, for his consecration as Archbishop (April). Bp. Abraham Nhial, for conflict to end in South Sudan, wisdom and unity for Christian leaders. Bp. Moses Deng Bol, Diocese of Wau, for peace, tribal reconciliation. Fran Boyle, for provision for orphans in Akuak Rak, scholarships, trauma healing workshops for refugees. Rev. Samuel & Stella Marial, Principal of Bp. Gwynne Theological College in Juba, teaching theology. Rev. Bol Deng, for wisdom. Rev. John & Sarah Chol Daau, for refugee reconciliation, health, peace, schools to thrive. Deborah Martin, for health, wisdom. Rev. Tom Prichard, Sudan Sunrise, schools, scholarships, reconciliation, community building, Christian/Muslim relationships. Rev. Daniel Deng Kuot, training clergy, preaching peace to armed youth in cattle camps.
NORTH AFRICA In some places, thousands of Muslims are coming to faith in Jesus. Abp. Mouneer Anis, Egypt, for peace, God to bring good out of evil. Frank & Anne, wisdom, son Asher at Wheaton College, thanks for the fruitfulness of their language center ministry. E, GT, for enthusiasm and endurance for training, open doors for ministry.
ETHIOPIA Pray for rain in due season. Rev. Chris & Suzy Wilson, faculty at St. Frumentius, and their kids Abigail & Matthew. Addis F, GT, for continued progress with reconciliation work amongst churches, resources to send more missionaries from Ethiopia to reach the A. group, safety for him and his team.
- ANGLICAN GLOBAL MISSION PARTNERS Agape Year, Co-Directors Nate & Erika Twichell, for God to raise up cohort students for next year’s program, thanks for fruitful mission to Thailand. Anglicans for Life, Georgette Forney. Anglican Frontier Missions, Rev. Chris Royer. ARDF, Bill Deiss, for US Trustee Committees to bear fruit, resources for their global work in 2018, thanks for partnerships that will expand their impact. ATLAS, Rev. Dr. Susan Bubbers. Church Army, Rev. Greg Miller. CMJ USA, Rev. Cn. Daryl Fenton, training church teams for Jewish outreach. E412 Ministries, Clark & Carol Smith. Ekklesia, Rt. Rev. Dr. Bill Atwood, Five Talents, Dale Stanton-Hoyle. Global Mobilization Ministries, Rev. Cn. Dr. Alison Barfoot, Global Teams, Sheryl Shaw, for partner visits (March and April), more NA workers to join Global Teams, thanks for new NA base administrator and fruitful teaching time at Montreat College. Kateri Medical Services, Inc., Ven. Tom Furrer. La Frontera Ministries, Rev. Dr. Steven Tighe. Nashotah House Theological Seminary. New Anglican Missionary Society (NAMS), Rev. Cn. Dr. Jon Shuler. New Wineskins Missionary Network, Jenny Noyes. Rock the World, Rev. Whis Hays. SOMA USA, Dr. Glen Petta. SAMS-USA, Stewart Wicker. Stanway Institute, Rev. Cn. Dr. John Macdonald. Uganda Christian University Partners, Mark Bartels.