- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT MINISTRIES (ISM) Almost half of the million international students in the US come from China, India, and Saudi Arabia. Pray for fruit as new believers return home. Steve & Lia Dunne, favor with universities in Boise, team to grow. Leiton & Lisa Chinn, directing the Lausanne ISM Global Leadership Forum in September. Rev. David Case, for God’s leading for the future, for IFI as they continue to minister on 29 campuses in 9 states, training IFI staff, helping churches reach internationals. Becky Mazariegos, PRISM, fruitful relational follow-up with the internationals studying God's Word, Muslims to know God’s love. Peter Lebhar, IVCF student-led team reaching international students in Tallahassee, FL. Marc Papai, IVCF ISM, outreach to international students, many from the Middle East. Rev. Norman & Beth Beale, chaplain at Veterans Administration home with an international staff, she teaches English to students from Syria, Jordan, China, etc. Dr. Mary McDonald, SAMS, for the 1,000 international students attending VA Tech to experience the love of Christ, the International Alpha course at The River Anglican Church in Blacksburg, VA, speaking at the Eastern European Veterinary Conference in Romania in October, her book The Magnet being released in November.
- MISSIONARIES BACK FROM THE FIELD Brian & Mary Jane Dennison, open doors. Revs. Allen & Rachel Hill, SAMS, discernment for what is next, financial provision, sons James & John for courage in forming new friendships. Richard & Martha Menees, SAMS, guidance. Rev. Chuck & Beth Bradshaw, SAMS, guidance for new ministry, financial provision. Giff & Ashley, for their transition back to life in the US, schooling opportunities for their children, a job for him, that God would bless and protect their church and Chinese friends back in Beijing.
- CHURCH PLANTING Always Forward, Rev. Cn. Dan Alger. Anglican Mission in America, for the gospel to be shared far and wide. The Greenhouse Movement, Rev. Cn. William Beasley. Titus Institute for Church Planting, Rev. Cn. Dr. Tom Herrick, upcoming trainings.
EUROPE Many Muslims are attending church for the first time, being baptized, and breathing life into stagnant churches. Phil, GT, Europe Partner Facilitator, open doors for organi-zational partnerships, openness to the gospel among Muslims.
HOLLAND Pray that churches would boldly share Jesus with Europeans and immigrants, many refugees welcomed by Christians are now following Jesus. Drs. Phil & Linda Gottschalk, Tyndale Theological Seminary, mentoring leaders from 22 countries, for refugee ministry, funds, courses being taught, summer graduates.
SPAIN Elisa, AFM, for continued relationships with new Muslim friends, for language acquisition, financial support. Duane and Sharon Miller, AFM, for a smooth transition to life in Madrid, for him as he preaches and teaches at the Anglican Cathedral Church of the Redeemer, for Joseph and his friend to read their new Bible.
EASTERN EUROPE Bp. Jasmin Milić, REC Bishop of Croatia/Serbia, churches to grow and help bridge religious/ethnic divide, ministry to Syrian refugees. Steve, SAMS, for increased financial support.
RUSSIA Restrictions on religious freedom are coming back. Rev. Mark Browne, Relational Bridges International, for fruit in continued ministry to youth and adults, financial provision.
S.E. ASIA Bp. Rennis Ponniah, Singapore Roundtable meetings in October to be fruitful. Bp. Kuan Kim Seng, Diocese of Singapore missions to Nepal, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand. Abp. Stephen Than, Myanmar, for peace, for justice for ethnic minorities suffering military attacks. K & S, GT, International Director, protection as they continue to mentor movement leaders in many countries, his new role as President of William Carey International University, her new role as Int’l Partner Care Facilitator. M & D, GT, long term visas to be granted, open doors with refugee community. J & J, GT, open doors to share Jesus with neighbors and new friends,opportunities to begin sports ministry.
CAMBODIA Rev. Greg & Heidi Whitaker, SAMS, Church of Christ Our Peace, English congregation in Phnom Penh, Khmer pastors to be encouraged. Rev. Jesse & Sara Blaine, SAMS, for their upcoming Alpha outreach. Guy & Summer Benton, SAMS, for their family’s ministry in Cambodia, for the youth of Cambodia, for wisdom for church leaders in sharing the gospel.
JAPAN Rev. Ralph & Miho Clatworthy, OMF, for the start of fall programs at their church Chapel of the Adoration, more workers for the sports ministry, sales of their book on sports ministry, peace in their region. Seita & Emma Sakaguchi, for unity and love among the team, more gospel workers to be sent out in Toyosu, thanks for their time of refreshment in the US.
INDONESIA Dana & Karen, for patience and flexibility, their three months of language immersion, dependence on the Holy Spirit, to see open doors and walk through them. Rev. Matt & Sora Colvin, SAMS/REC, learning the language, pastoring a new English-language congregation, ministry at the Anglican seminary, Sora’s midwife training.
INDIA Pray for persecuted Christians in Northern India. Rev. S. D. & Sheila, Bihar Theological College, School of Evangelism, pray against Hindu militant groups, courage for persecuted Christians, the gospel to spread. Rev. Andrew & Esther, India Grad. School of Missiology, for scholarships, protection, graduates to have fruitful ministries. Rev. Dr. R., Indian Inst. of Missiology, training professors and church planters, for health. Barbara, GT, discernment about returning to India, times of refreshment with family in the US. I & F, GT, further opportunities to teach and train others in Bible storytelling among the unreached. G & V, GT, protection, increased opportunities to reach Hindus and Muslims in their community. W & L, GT, provision to begin leadership training project, safety in US travels this winter.
CHINA M & S, GT, Asia Area Director, language learning, new opportunities across Asia for training and encouragement. P & D, AFM, for travel mercies and good health as they return to Asia in mid-October, for God’s anointing as they share about their work, that they would meet the couple that God would call to buy and eventually take over their BAM. Joh & ara, AFM, for language skills, health, protection, beginning ministry.
SOUTH ASIA J & K, GT, ongoing distribution of recently completed translation, continued progress with the new translation team. Boe Renslow, pray for his ministry in the Himalayas with YWAM. W, GT, encouragement in his studies for future translation work, provision for his family while he is away.
NEPAL Anglican churches are growing rapidly. State persecution is rising. Rev. Lewis Lew, Dean of Nepal. Bp. George, GT, continued healing and health, teaching ministry, raising up new leaders for the church in Nepal. Peter & Silvia, GT, blessing in their first year of marriage, provision for their work, team unity. John & Vi, GT, finding ways to reach the younger generation in the US to join in kingdom service.
- MIDEAST Amid suffering, give thanks for many baptisms and new Bible studies as many search for the Prince of Peace. Fran, for Sara who struggles with addition and discouragement, her teammate who was falsely accused and brought to court to receive justice. Linda, CMJ administrator. Sonja, open doors to share Messiah Jesus, thanks for successful surgery and healing of her foot. C & Z, AFM, ministering to refugees traumatized by ISIS, for improved communication and team unity, continued chances to share the gospel. D & P, AFM, training Zaza Kurd leaders, for speedy approval of Pastor Ahmet’s visa, effective sharing of the gospel. Rev. Drew Schmotzer, chaplain at St. Martin’s international congregation in United Arab Emirates.
- MIDEAST Millions need protection, provision, comfort, and hope. Bin Said & Nadia, she has kept the Christian bookstore open, he is in exile working for reconciliation between ethnic/religious groups, in 2017 they will be in Washington lobbying for the needs of Christians in the Mideast, for family to be reunited, protection, favor, funds. J & S, for Yazidis and Muslims coming to Jesus through dreams/healing to be discipled, relief to reach refugees. C & R, AFM, for the humanitarian crisis in Yemen to end, wisdom and grace for their relief work, increased opportunities to share the gospel, give thanks for the safe birth of their baby and the joy she has given them.
CHILE Bp. Tito Zavala, for guidance, wisdom. Rev. Russ & Heidi Smith, SAMS, for the upcoming Caminemos Juntos Conference in Recife, Brazil, start of the next semester of the Rural Bible Institute, their children Joel, Joshua, Joy, and Jocelyn, thanks for the approximately 200 people studying the Bible through Equipping Servants International.
BRAZIL Bp. Miguel Uchoa, Recife, for his wife, Valeria, in the hospital needing total recovery from infection and neurological damage, the new bishops and their ministries, for the Brazilian church as they progress towards being a GAFCON Province. Rev. Ron & Debby McKeon, SAMS, for blessing on their ministry, wisdom, more financial support.